When a homeowner needs a new roof, there are many options for materials and designs to consider. Silverthorne Roofing companies provides experience to each customer with a customized roofing solution that meets their needs. Below are some of the materials and designs they commonly recommend.
- Asphalt shingles: This is the most common type of roofing material and is affordable and durable. In addition, it is available in a wide array of colors and is resistant to water.
- Metal shingles: This type of roofing is becoming more popular due to its durability, energy efficiency, and low maintenance. It is available in either aluminum or steel in many styles and colors.
- Slate: This option is expensive but offers a natural, classy look and can last up to 100 years with the proper care and maintenance.
- Concrete or ceramic tiles: This is a lower-cost option than slate and is available in various colors and textures.
- Gable: This type of roof has two slopes, can shed snow and ice quickly, and is adaptable to almost any climate.
- Hip: This roof has four slopes and is typically found on larger homes. It is generally more expensive than a gable but is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Flat: This is ideal for commercial buildings, as it will not shed rain or snow and is more resistant to instability.